The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) Research Unit conducts research/survey and facilitates Monitoring and Evaluation of the Commission’s annual work plans and Corruption Prevention and Community Education awareness programmes. In doing so it seeks to better inform efforts to reduce corruption. As previous research in this field is limited, the reason the ACC undertakes it is significant.
These research provide the evidence base for contribution to public policy issues, including recommendations for administrative changes in public institutions in order to better deliver public services. The Unit interacts with policy makers, governance institutions, public service departments, as well as universities and other research bodies. From time to time the ACC also participates in collaborative research projects which deal with key governance issues relevant to the ACC’s jurisdiction. In 2003, the ACC participated in the World Bank Governance Baseline Survey, the 2010 State of Governance Report (Unpublished) as well as the 2010 Corruption Survey (Unpublished).
Below are some of the research publications. The Commission is appealing to the Zambian public toactively collaborate and participate in such research activities whenever they are being conducted by responding to surveys and providing accurate submissions to inquiries and reviews.
You can also access some of these documents under Resource Centre
1. Monitoring and Evaluation framework for the Corruption Vulnerability Assessment (To download a PDF format enter a password)
2. Monitoring and Evaluation forms for the ACC internal Monitoring (To download a PDF format password)
3. Anti-Corruption Commission Organisational Monitoring and Evaluation Report 2008 (To download a PDF format enter a password)
4. Monitoring and Evaluation Report for Road Development Agency Weighbridge (To download a PDF format enter a password)
5. Research study report “Undertaking a Corruption Vulnerability Assessment in Six Public Institutions in Zambia (Unpublished, to download enter a password)
6. Governance Baseline Survey report (2004)
7. Anti-Corruption commission Prevention Manual (Unpublished, 2010)